Holiday Wish List Ideas!

Posted on Nov 29, 2013




Around this time of year, my family is always asking me what I'd like for Christmas. Most of the time, I really have no idea what to ask for, so I thought it would be helpful to show you some things that I think would be good to put on your holiday wish list for whatever holiday you happen to celebrate. I hope if you're struggling with the same thing, this blog post will be helpful for you.

1. Films & Music - $0.99+
I think asking for movies or music for the holidays is such a universal and easy gift for
the person to pick out- and inexpensive, too! This can be something little you ask for from a friend or a sibling that you don't want to ask a whole lot from. For films, I love Mean Girls, (it's a classic, honestly) Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, The Hunger Games, and any animated Disney Movie. As for music, you can't go wrong with Midnight Memories by One Direction! That is, if you're a Directioner. I also recommend Pure Heroine by Lorde, + by Ed Sheeran, and 2020 by Justin Timberlake. If you don't want to decide on a certain album or song, you can always ask for an iTunes gift card as well.

2. Quality Handbag - $69+ 
I feel like you can't go wrong with asking for a nice handbag for the holidays. They are so versatile and you use them just about everyday. I understand most families can't dish out $3000 on a Chanel handbag, but you can get a designer handbag as low as $70 at any outlet store. My first designer bag was a Coach cross body, which I got for over 50% off retail because I got it from an outlet. I feel like handbags are good investments as well because you can easily resell them near to full price if they are in good condition. My favorite handbag brands are Mulberry, Givenchy, Longchamp, and Chanel. 

3. Clothes (in general) - $10+
Clothes are something to ask for from someone who knows your taste well, or shares a similar taste. Obviously, clothes are something I love (duh) and if I know the person giving them to me doesn't share my taste, I always print off a page of my shopping cart from a store I like and give it to them. This, way they already know what I want. In a way, it's kind of like getting a gift card. This probably isn't in any way new to you, but my favorite stores are Topshop, H&M, Zara, and Forever 21.


4. Tiffany Necklace - $125+
Every girl needs a proper, everyday necklace. Tiffany's in particular, are my favorite. All of their designs are simple, yet unique. My favorites are their signature Return to Tiffany heart necklace, and their simple key pendants. A Tiffany's necklace is a staple in any girls wardrobe in my opinion. They are timeless pieces of jewelry that make any outfit more put together.

5. Plaid, "Signature" Scarf - $7+
If you've been keeping up with my Tumblr lately, you'll know that I am all about the show Gossip Girl. In the earlier seasons, the character Chuck Bass always has this funky checkered and polka dot scarf on which got me inspired to add this to the list. I love the Burberry scarves and found several dupes for them that portray the same look. I think scarves look great with layers and they make it look like you spent more time on your outfit (plus they keep you warm, score!). If you have a pretty neutral color scheme when it comes to clothes, a  Burberry-esque scarf adds some color, too. My favorite are the warm, Autumn colored ones like red, yellow, and emerald green. You can find these on Amazon for less than $15!

Post a Comment